Swandive by Ani Difranco

Swandive by Ani Difranco from Little Plastic Castles

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Week 8 listening project

I've been dreading doing any more listening projects posts. My last post was pretty negative because I am becoming frustrated with trying to hear new things in a song that I've listened to 1000 times. So here goes 1001.

I can hear the urgency of this song through the dissonant chords, the rushed feeling of the chorus, and abruptness of the guitar. The bass drum has a driving beat throughout the song. As the song heads toward the chorus, layers of instruments are added to the bass drum and guitar. At the chorus, there is a tambourine, static, synthesizer, and background singers. She uses verse, chorus, verse, chorus, coda format.

I guess you can hear new things after 1001 listenings.

No comments:

Post a Comment